DEvelopment of Broadband Acceleration Time histories for Engineers
Développement des accelerogrammes larges bandes pour les ingénieurs
The proper way to reduce seismic risk is to construct
earthquake resistant infrastructures. As infrastructure
becomes more sophisticated and complex, such a system
has become increasingly mechanically complex and nonlinear.
In the project DEBATE we approach this problem
from three perspectives: (1) The development of improved
methods for the simulation of deterministic strong ground
motion, which will be combined with a stochastic simulation
at higher frequencies, (2) the nonlinear soil behaviour on
strong ground motion, considering the reliability and variety
of signals (broadband acceleration time histories) as well as
the consistency with our knowledge from the real data, and
(3) the recent large earthquakes with acquired strong
motion data in Japan and in Chile.
Parteners - Participants
- Hideo Aochi ... Coordination. Model setting. Wave propagation simulation.
- Mickael Delatre ... Development of stochastic Green function method.
- Ariane Ducellier ... Wave propagation simulation.
- Florent de Martin ... Site characterization. Wave propagation simulation.
- Evelyne Foerster ... Expert on non-linsear soil response simulation.
- CNRS - ENS Paris
- Raul Madariaga ... Characterization of source parameters.
- Maria Lancieri (postdoc) ... Characterization of source parameters.
- Géodynamique & Structure
- Alain Pecker ... Non-linear soil response simulation.
- Fabian Bonilla ... Non-linear soil response simulation.
- Céline Gelis ... Wave propagation simulation. Non-linear soil response simulation.
- Olga Ktenidou (postdoc) ... Wave propagation simulation. Non-linear soil response simulation.
- Seismological description for broadband input ground motion
- Non-linear effect of foundation according to different input ground motion
- Real field examples
- 2007 Tocopilla (Chile) earthquake (Mw7.8)
- 2007 Niigata Chuetsu-oki (Japan) earthquake (Mw6.3)
- Aochi, H., A. Ducellier, F. Dupros, M. Delatre, T. Ulrich, F. de
Martin and M. Yoshimi, Finite difference simulations of the seismic wave
propagaion for the 2007 Mw6.6 Niigata-ken Chuetsu-Oki earthquake:
Validity of models and reliable input ground motion in the near field,
accepted in Pure appl. Geophys., 2011.
- Aochi, H. and F. Dupros, MPI-OpenMP hybrid simulations using
boundary integral equation and finite difference methods for earthquake
dynamics and wave propagation: Application to the 2007 Niigata
Chuetsu-Oki earthquake (Mw6.6), Procedia Comptuter Science, 4,
1496-1505, doi:10.1016/j.procs.2011.04.162, 2011.
- Aochi, H. and A. Kato, Dynamic rupture of cross-cutting faults: A possible rupture process for
the 2007 Mw6.6 Niigata-ken Chuetsu-oki earthquake, J. Geophys. Res., 115, B05310,
doi :10.1029/2009JB006556, 2010.
- Lancieri, M. and R. Madariaga, Fast determination of magnitude for the Tocopilla(Chile)
earthquake, and its aftershocks, Bull Seismol. Soc. Am., 101, 447-463, doi:
- Madariaga, R., Vigny, Ch., Métois, M., and Campos, J., Central Chile finally breaks Science
238, 181-182, 2010.
- Ruiz, S., Kausel, E., Campos, J., Saragoni, G. R. and Madariaga, R.., Identification of High
Frequency Pulses from Earthquake Asperities Along Chilean Subduction Zone Using Strong
Motion. Pure Appl. geophys., doi:10.1007/s00024-010-0117-, 2010.
Other documents and references
still under construction on 2011/12/01